Mumbai, February 12, 2021: Despite the challenges of the COVID era, SOTC Travel Limited has begun the year with a significant win – the successful delivery of an international MICE Group in January 2021. This noteworthy achievement involved a large movement of 750 delegates to Dubai.
The SOTC MICE Team had spent the lockdown period meaningfully – to reimagine its MICE business. Customer insights and data obtained via sustained corporate engagement and the SOTC MICE Survey revealed that 25% of its corporates were open to international travel. To leverage this potential and build corporate confidence in travel, SOTC MICE focused on products-services innovation that included its meticulous Assured Safe Travel Program in partnership with Apollo Clinics.
For the 750 member MICE movement, great care was taken in both planning and on-ground management of the group, with an unerring focus on hygiene, safety and excitement at every step of the journey with support from DTCM. Desert Adventures Tourism, our global office for UAE & Oman incoming – facilitated the offering of a wide range of high-quality products and services and ensured seamless operations.
Highlights of the SOTC MICE Group to Dubai:
· Exclusive charter flights were operated for the Group
· Luxury accommodation at: JW Marriott Marquis, the Second Tallest Hotel in the World
· Engaging experiences included: IMG & Aquaventure at Atlantis – The Palm, etc.
· A special gala-event at a luxury desert camp
· Carefully designed sightseeing with safety measures
Mr. SD Nandakumar, President & Country Head, B2B & Foreign Exchange, SOTC Travel said, “I am proud of this exceptional achievement by SOTC MICE – organizing a flawless MICE tour for 750 delegates during the COVID era – speaks volumes of the unstinted efforts in planning and delivery. All precautions and safety measures were followed as per local regulations in Dubai. The turnaround was inspirational and kudos to each member of Team SOTC MICE – contactless pre-tour operations for the group was completed within 7 days from the day of confirmation! SOTC Team ensured a seamless movement of delegates to Dubai and back.”
He added, “Our innovative initiatives launched during the lockdown: MICE Plus, Hybrid Virtual MICE and our Assured Safe Travel Program have been receiving strong appreciation across our corporates – seeking the expertise of our MICE Teams in their business plans for the future. The massive Dubai Group was a game-changer in many ways and we will continue to push boundaries as we ensure excellence in delivery from our exceptional people at SOTC MICE!”
ABOUT MICE Plus: With an opportunity to rethink and reimagine offerings to customers, SOTC MICE has elevated the next level of MICE experience for the next generation with its latest innovation- MICE Plus.
Top UPS’s of MICE Plus include:
· Enhanced Health & Safety (H&S) protocols to ensure the highest level of compliance to global standards
· Entire delivery partners are chosen on basis of adherence to SOTC H&S standards
· Trained tour managers on hygiene requirements
· Various contact points for immediate medical assistance and repatriation if needed
· Adequate travel insurance to ensure peace of mind
Technology & Automation
· Real-time information about all travel related processes such as visa application and insurance
· User-friendly mobile app for passengers to get updates and contests
· Technology tools to minimise human interface
· Feedback & Networking platform
Virtual MICE: ‘Events As Usual’ using technology!
· Virtual MICE – A new & unique way to conduct meeting & conferences.
· Using world class event technologies, Virtual MICE will deliver a virtual event that aligns to company’s objectives
Team of Experts
· Proficient tour managers with rich experience of destinations across the globe
· Over 1000 Destination Specialist Certifications to help curate innovative products
· Expert in-house event management team to cater to both real & virtual events
· Expert F&B consultants catering to every culinary need
Best-In-Class F&B Capabilities
· Serving creative and authentic Indian food on a global platform, adhering to the highest food safety & standards.
· Usage of authentic Indian herbs & spices sourced from reputed Indian companies
· Unique Indian F&B concepts and ethnic cuisines from across the globe
· Region-specific speciality menus curated by our celebrity chefs & culinary experts
· Special care is taken to customise dishes to ensure the guest’s medical, allergy or any religious requirements with regards to food preparation are met
About SOTC Travel: SOTC Travel Limited (Formerly SOTC Travel Pvt. Ltd.) is a step-down subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings Group; held through its Indian listed subsidiary, Thomas Cook (India) Limited (TCIL). SOTC India is a leading travel and tourism company active across various travel segments including Leisure Travel, Incentive Travel and Business Travel and Foreign Exchange. SOTC was established in 1949. Since then, it has escorted lakhs of travellers across the globe for more than 70 years to various destinations around the world. A new age innovative holiday maker, SOTC strives to make holidays a priority for every Indian. ‘We are for holidays’ and we want Indians to prioritize their holidays.